Welcome to YPT’s School of Rock Auditions!
Please Note: Forms and Links are being updated and added… Stay tuned!
CAST AUDITION INFO
Audition Dates – By Appointment Sign Up on SUG:
Saturday, September 9, 2023 10:00am-5:30pm
Sunday, September 10, 2023 1:30-6:00pm
Signups Start Monday, August 28, 2023 at Noon YPT School of Rock Audition Sign Ups on SUG
Tuesday, September 12, 2023 5:30-9:00pm
Schedule will be Posted/Emailed Monday, September 11, 2023 to all Auditioning
Company Announcement (Cast and Tech)
Posted/Emailed Friday, September 15, 2023 After School
Sunday, September 17, 2023 Full Company Call
Tech Team 1:30-5:00pm
K – 12th Grade
331 Metty Drive, Suites #2 and #3
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(*Sign-Ups will open on Sign Up Genius Monday, August 28, 2023 at Noon – Click Here)
AUDITION REGISTRATION DETAILS:
- NAME: Please sign up under the auditioner’s name/enter the name of the young person auditioning when signing up (rather than the parent’s name). SUG ACCOUNT: If you are signing up with your own Sign-Up Genius account, please select the option to display your young person’s name instead of your own.
- EMAIL ADDRESS: Enter a parent/family email address as the primary email contact. There is a space to add your auditioner’s email address as well.
- AGE-SPECIFIC AUDITION APPOINTMENTS: Appointments are arranged K-6th Grade and 7th-12th Grade. Incorrect age bracket sign-ups are bounced by the system.
AUDITION PREPARATION AND PAPERWORK
Please read carefully to ensure your success in every stage of YPT’s School of Rock auditions!
- Music – Prepare a Selection:
- 16 bars (approximately 30 seconds long)
- Preferably memorized
- A musical theater song
- Songs from School of Rock are welcome but not required
- Bring two copies of the sheet music (accompaniment version) with “start” and “stop” clearly marked for the pianist.
- Auditioners will be reading from the School of Rock script.
- Audition Readings Link
- Auditioners will be taught a short dance combination. Come dressed to move!
- The following footwear is permitted in the dance studio: bare feet, jazz shoes, and clean, dry tennis shoes (not the ones you wore outside). No crocs or sandals.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR AUDITION
1. Prepare and bring 4 audition packets of the following typed forms (Forms are all linked in this one fill-in pdf), stapled together in the following order.
Audition Form – First Form in the Packet
- Fill-in Format: Type the form online, print it, and include a copy of it in each of your 4 audition packets. Feel free to attach resume! Make sure that you fill out each section of the Audition Form carefully. Important: Type the forms online as this ensures readability on our end. We recommend you use Chrome or Internet Explorer rather than Firefox or Safari. You can also right-click in each document after you open it and select the option to open the form with Adobe Reader instead.
Rehearsal Conflict Calendar – Important: – Second Form in the Packet (See Instructions Included in Packet)
- Type this form online, print it, and include a copy of it in each of your 4 audition packets.
- Be complete, accurate, and thorough on this form. Triple-check that you have included all conflicts.
- Make and keep a copy for yourself
Recent Photo of Yourself (may be a copy). Staple the photo facing the opposite direction as the forms in your audition packet, so that when a director flips the packet over, s/he will see your photo.
2. YPT School of Rock Policies and Procedures Contract: – Third Form Included in the Packet
1 copy signed by parent and auditioner.
3. Sheet Music: 2 copies
Plan to arrive with your forms carefully completed and copied ahead of time.
This expedites the audition process for all! Failure to come prepared results in a late and stressful start to your audition.
WAIT LIST – IF APPOINTMENTS FILL
If the audition slots for one or both age groups fill, please register for the Wait List through this Sign Up Genius Link:
Preparation Advice: Getting ready to audition for School of Rock? A successful audition involves so much more than ability or talent. Preparation is key to shining in an audition! Mastering the art of auditioning can be continually worked on and developed over time. Self-confidence grows with time and experience.
Audition Techniques: Helpful Information and Hints to Guide Your Audition Preparation
Performance Dates and Venue:
November 16-19, 2023
Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre
Ann Arbor, Michigan