Welcome to YPT’s SPONGEBOB THE MUSICAL Auditions!
Check back for links to auditions sign-ups on Sign Up Genius and all forms here soon!
Saturday, September 25, 2021
Sunday, September 26, 2021
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 (Full Cast Called)
12 & Up
331 Metty Drive, Suites #2 and #3
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Audition Sign-Ups Link*
Simply click on the Sign Up Genius Button
(*Sign-Ups will open on Saturday, September 11, 2021 at 8:00 am)
- NAME: Please enter the name of the young person auditioning (rather than the parent’s name) when signing up for an audition appointment.
- SUG ACCOUNT: If you are signing up with your own Sign-Up Genius account, please select the option to display your young person’s name instead of your own.
- EMAIL ADDRESS: Enter a parent/family email address as the primary email contact. There is a space to add your auditioner’s email address if you wish.
- AGE-SPECIFIC AUDITION APPOINTMENTS: Auditions are 12 & up, vaccinated. Incorrect age bracket sign-ups are bounced by the system.
AUDITION PREPARATION AND PAPERWORK
Please read carefully to ensure your success in every stage of YPT’s SPONGEBOB THE MUSICAL auditions!
Prepare a selection of music:
- 16 bars (approximately 30 seconds long)
- Preferably memorized
- A musical theater song
- Songs from SPONGEBOB THE MUSICAL are welcome but not required
- Bring two copies of the sheet music (accompaniment version) with “start” and “stop” clearly marked for the pianist.
- Auditioners will be reading from the SPONGEBOB THE MUSICAL script.
- Audition Readings – click here.
- Auditioners will be taught a short dance combination. Come dressed to move!
- The following footwear is permitted in the dance studio: bare feet, jazz shoes, and clean, dry tennis shoes (not the ones you wore outside).
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR AUDITION
1. Prepare and bring 4 audition packets of the following typed forms, stapled together in the following order.
- Fill-in Format: Type the form online, print it, and include a copy of it in each of your 4 audition packets. Feel free to attach resume! Make sure that you fill out each section of the Audition Form carefully.
- Important: To type the forms online, we recommend you use Chrome or Internet Explorer as your browser, not Firefox or Safari. You can also right-click in each document after you open it and select the option to open the form with Adobe Reader instead.
Rehearsal Conflict Calendar – Important:
- Type this form online, print it, and include a copy of it in each of your 4 audition packets.
- Be complete, accurate, and thorough on this form. Triple-check that you have included all conflicts.
- Make and keep a copy for yourself
Recent Photo of Yourself (may be a copy). Staple the photo facing the opposite direction as the forms in your audition packet, so that when a director flips the packet over, s/he will see your photo.
2. YPT SPONGEBOB THE MUSICAL Policies and Procedures Contract: 1 copy signed by parent and auditioner.
3. Sheet Music: 2 copies
Plan to arrive with your forms carefully completed and copied ahead of time.
This expedites the audition process for all! Failure to come prepared results in a late and stressful start to your audition.
If the audition slots for one or both age groups fill, please register for the Wait List through this Sign Up Genius Link:
YPT SPONGEBOB THE MUSICAL Audition Waitlist – Click Here.
Preparation Advice: Getting ready to audition for SPONGEBOB THE MUSICAL? A successful audition involves so much more than ability or talent. Preparation is key to shining in an audition! Mastering the art of auditioning can be continually worked on and developed over time. Self-confidence grows with time and experience.
Helpful Hints to Guide You in Your Audition Preparation – Click Here
Production Calendar – Click Here For Important Dates
Performance Dates and Venue:
January 20-23, 2022
January 27-30, 2022
YPT’s Blackbox Theatre
Ann Arbor, Michigan