Welcome to YPT’s Addams Family Auditions!
Please note that audition sign-ups will open on August 15 at 8:00 pm.
THE ADDAMS FAMILY is a musical comedy for the entire family! Brace yourself for more macabre mayhem and monstrous madness. Love is in the air — Wednesday Addams has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart boy from Ohio of all places. Everything will change for the whole Addams clan on the fateful night they host a dinner for Wednesday’s “normal
Saturday, September 8, 2018
Sunday, September 9, 2018
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Cast List Posted:
Friday, September 14, 2018
Sunday, September 16 (Full cast called)
K – 12th Grade
331 Metty Drive, Suites #2 and #3
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
AUDITION SIGN-UPS – will open on August 15 at 8:00 pm.
AUDITION REGISTRATION DETAILS:
- NAME: Please enter the name of the young person auditioning (rather than the parent’s name) when signing up for an audition appointment.
- SUG ACCOUNT: If you are signing up with your own Sign-Up Genius account, please select the option to display your young person’s name instead of your own.
- EMAIL ADDRESS: Enter a parent/family email address as the primary email contact. There is a space to add your auditioner’s email address if you wish.
- AGE-SPECIFIC AUDITION APPOINTMENTS: Appointments are arranged K-4th Grade and 5th-12th Grade. Incorrect age bracket sign-ups are bounced by the system.
AUDITION PREPARATION AND PAPERWORK
Please read carefully to ensure your success in every stage of YPT’s Addams Family auditions!
Prepare a selection of music:
- 16 bars (approximately 30 seconds long)
- Preferably memorized
- A musical theater song
- Songs from Addams Family are welcome but not required
- Bring two copies of the sheet music (accompaniment version) with “start” and “stop” clearly marked for the pianist.
- Auditioners will be reading from the Addams Family script.
- Audition readings are here.
- Auditioners will be taught a short dance combination. Come dressed to move!
- The following footwear is permitted in the dance studio: bare feet, jazz shoes, and clean, dry tennis shoes (not the ones you wore outside).
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR AUDITION
1. Prepare and bring 3 audition packets of the following typed forms, stapled together in the following order. (Click on each item for a link to the form.)
- Fill-in Format: Type the form online, print it, and include a copy of it in each of your 3 audition packets. Feel free to attach resume! Make sure that you fill out each section of the Audition Form carefully.
- Important: To type the forms online, we recommend you use Chrome or Internet Explorer as your browser, not Firefox or Safari. You can also right-click in each document after you open it and select the option to open the form with Adobe Reader instead.
- Type this form online, print it, and include a copy of it in each of your 3 audition packets.
- Be complete, accurate, and thorough on this form. Triple-check that you have included all conflicts.
- Make and keep a copy for yourself
Recent Photo of Yourself (may be a copy). Staple the photo facing the opposite direction as the forms in your audition packet, so that when a director flips the packet over, s/he will see your photo.
2. YPT Addams Family Policies and Procedures Contract : 1 copy signed by parent and auditioner.
3. Sheet Music: 2 copies
Plan to arrive with your forms carefully completed and copied ahead of time.
This expedites the audition process for all! Failure to come prepared results in a late and stressful start to your audition.
Preparation Advice: Getting ready to audition for Addams Family? A successful audition involves so much more than ability or talent. Preparation is key to shining in an audition! Mastering the art of auditioning can be continually worked on and developed over time. Self-confidence grows with time and experience.
Performance Dates and Venue:
November 15-18, 2018
Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Addams Family Audition Crew
Parents: Interested in helping out on our Audition Team?
You can get involved in putting on a YPT show, too! Seeking volunteers willing to work a shift or two for auditions! To express your interest, email email@example.com
Addams Family Production Crew
Young People 14 and Older: Interested in getting some experience on our Production Team?
Consider a role on our Lighting Team, Hair and Make Up Team, Costume Team, Props Team, etc.
To express your interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org